Ribbon Cuttings/Grand Openings are a great way to celebrate your business and create public awareness about your business. A ribbon cutting ceremony is also an opportunity to thank co-workers, friends, suppliers and other entities that have helped the company reach this point. A well organized event can permit senior managers to mingle and celebrate, rather than worry about details and snags.
What the Chamber does:
- Sends out an email to Chamber membership, Ambassadors, Board Members and City dignitaries to notify them of your Ribbon Cutting
- Promotes the event in the Chamber Calendar available to all our Chamber members and the public
- Provides the giant scissors and ribbon to cut
- Attends the Ribbon Cutting and takes photos of the event
- Posts the photos on the Chamber Facebook page
What the Member Business does:
- Co-ordinates the date and time of the Ribbon Cutting with the Membership Director of the Chamber. To avoid date and time conflicts, it’s best to set a date well in advance, four weeks is optimal.
- We encourage you to schedule your Ribbon Cutting at 11:30 a.m. on Thursdays or 4:30 p.m. during the week for best attendance, but we will always be open to what is convenient to you.
- Hors d’oeuvres and beverages are usually served, but it is your decision. Your plan can be as simple or elaborate as you like, whatever fits your budget.
To set up your ribbon cutting ceremony, contact Heather Zerweck at [email protected] or call 636.230.9900.